Thursday, August 14, 2014

Time Flies... (EDER 679.14 Final Blog)

One might think summer holidays for teachers is all about relaxing, but the past six weeks have been a whirlwind of learning, sharing and multi-tasking. And I loved every second of it! 

Grad studies, without a doubt, has been an extremely rewarding experience. It has given me an opportunity to increase my knowledge base and build capacity to better support students, parents and educators. The Inquiry and ICT course has continued to deepen my understanding about current educational topics that I was not as familiar with before.

As I think about returning to work in two weeks, I am beginning to consider how my practice as a consultant will change with the new knowledge I've gained from this course. Focusing on the professional development workshops that I facilitate, I plan to use an inquiry-based model to interact and engage teachers. Rather than a lecture style presentation accompanied by a super cool power point, collaborative groupings of educators will explore digital tools that reduce barriers to learning and provide options to demonstrate learning for their students. 

Despite managing course work, hanging out with my husband and children, and getting away to the mountains a couple of times, the energy and expertise I gained from being a part of this cohort was worth every second. Thank you to all of the members of this cohort and to Carmen for facilitating an informative and well organized course.

Time flies, when you're having fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lindsay,

    I would love to join one of your workshops!

    I too feel that this course has helped me to "... build capacity to better support students, parents and educators." I am looking forward to plunging into the school year to put things into practice.

    I've greatly appreciated your comments and feedback! I hope you will be continuing on with us in the fall!

    Cheers!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete